1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Which oracle version should i install?

Discussion in 'General' started by Zia, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Zia

Zia Starter

Hello,

new to oracle world and i am attending a video training of 1z0-051 course through CBT Nuggets. Problem is that, in the course they teach us to install Oracle Database 11g Express Edition R2, that's okay with me and i did the installation successfully but while creating a connection in SQL developer, instructor uses 'orcl' instead of XE but when i do so it gives me error. While i have checked both listener and tnsnames files and changed the SID to orcl but nothing is helping me out.

In the help manual though, they say that XE is for express edition while orcl is for standard / enterprise edition.

What should i do or install to make this work.

P.S: changing SID back to XE works fine in both toad and sql developer while orcl still doesn't work.

Thanks

2. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

Their instructions are wrong as XE creates a database named xe, not orcl. Change the reverences to 'orcl' to 'xe' and you should be fine.