1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Waiting for background verification

Discussion in 'Interview Discussions' started by Raks078, May 22, 2017.

1. Raks078

Raks078 Active Member

Hi All,
    I had interview at Oracle Bangalore 1 month back, the hr gave me a verbal offer on last week, and said that my offer has been raised and in a couple of days i will be getting call from their background Verification team. The job status on taleo says "inactive" and "not accepting any more submission", my application status which i already submitted is "under review".
    I am getting little bit anxy because there are still no mail from the background Verification team. Has anyone faced the similar problem, or any idea how much time the bgv team takes to contact?

2. Dolly Sharma

Dolly Sharma Starter

Hi Raks078,

Firstly, background verification on the whole is a time taking process. At the same time, few background checks longer than usual to complete owing to their nature of opertaion.
    In addition to this, it is at the employer discretion to inform about closure of the candidate's background verification. Most organizations prefer to just communicate the outcome of the background screening process in the form of the offer letter.

Hence, there is no need to be worried about the companies revert back to you, they will reply back as and when they are sure about your background and offering the job.

For more information about how companies do ackground check, you can visit: https://www.quora.com/How-is-background-verification-done-for-previous-companies