1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Required skills for the job of sql developer / pl/sql developer

Discussion in 'SQL PL/SQL' started by Zampanò, May 3, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Zampanò

Zampanò Newly Initiated

I have been learning Oracle SQL and PL/SQL for almost a year now, and have decided that I would like to pursue a career as a SQL Developer or a PL/SQL Developer.

What skills are required to be a suitable candidate for a job as a developer? Are there any great resources for what skills are required for the job? Finally, what resources are available to learn these skills, if I need to brush up on them or introduce myself to them?

2. raovk13

raovk13 Active Member

Good question..requires a lot along with pl/sql ..depends upon your role and organization you land up into.
    To begin with
    java / java script / oaf/xml/ SF , Cast Iron (middle ware)+ ERP modules..many manufacturing companies use one or more of these plus shell script, unix commands and ofcourse forms/reports/xml /sql/discoverer reports and APEX language,APEX Triggers for Sales Force and many other 3rd party tools knowledge and EDI transactions ...its challenging and with little bit of luck and right team and manager , you wont be disappointed...good luck.