1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Oracle offer letter delay - request suggestion

Discussion in 'Interview Discussions' started by Ujjwal Barman, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Ujjwal Barman

Ujjwal Barman Newly Initiated

Hi,

I'm from UK and currently in discussion with Oracle UK about an opportunity. The interview for the role went on for 3 months and finally received an email on 5th February, 2018 from the Oracle recruitment HR confirming the Intention to Hire and BGV also got initiated.
    Now its been one month and I'm still expecting the formal offer letter from Oracle. Only after i receive the offer letter , I can resign from my current organisation. The BGV checks are also not complete as they need to contact my current employer only after I resign.
    Currently the status of the job shows "Inactive (No Longer Accepting Job Submissions)" and my submission status as "Under Review". Can someone help me understand if this sort of delay is normal ? I have earlier changed jobs in UK but never seen a offer approval process taking so long.
    The recruiter handling my recruitment have been kind enough to pick up the phone but seems to be approval is stuck at levels higher than Hiring Manager.
    I am not able to understand if any offer letter is at all going to come or not .. very dissapointed and stressed..
    Any kind suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks a lot, in advance.

2. Avin

Avin Active Member

I am also in same page. After couple of months of interviews, got go ahead from HR and on 1 Feb BGC got initated. After that no updates till now.

3. Ujjwal Barman

That’s worrying. Good to know that I’m not the only one . I’m now wondering if any offer will at all come or not.

4. Avin

Avin Active Member

May be, may be not. Let me tell you in last 10months i have cleared Oracle 4 times but never got offer, although none had BGC initated. This time BGC is in progress lets c.

5. AppJetty

AppJetty Active Member

Ya me too cleared BGC and got an offer but was not too worthy. So better not to be with one and get 2/3 options with you.

6. Ujjwal Barman

Was it a long wait for the offer letter ?