1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Oracle database 11g email issue

Discussion in 'General' started by Ganesh.it, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Ganesh.it

Ganesh.it Active Member

I am working on Oracle Database 11g and Windows server. SMTP configuration done in the DB and emails are working in same domain. If email send to other domains (i.e. gmail )from DB it shows below error "ORA-29279: SMTP permanent error: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay". So please advise how to fix this issue or How to config gmail smtp in oracle DB.
    Thanks

Regards
    Ganesh

aveesha likes this.
  2. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

Define what you mean by "SMTP configuration done in the DB". I can't help but think that if this was done completely there wouldn't be an issue.
    Describe exactly what you've done to configure SMTP in the database, then describe what you've done to get an SMTP server running on the Windows machine. You may need to get your network people involved with this as you may have configured SMTP with an incorrect server (one that can't access an outside network). That you have success with emails IN the domain means you're on the right track; it may simply be a matter of using the correct server in the SMTP configuration. Again, you need to ask your network team which SMTP server is used for 'outside' access.

aveesha likes this.