1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Oracle certification will help for end user?

Discussion in 'Training and Certification' started by Uma, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Uma

Uma Newly Initiated

I have around 10 years experience in oracle as an end user. If i do oracle certification will it help to move to oracle functional side?

Need your advise. Will the company's give importance with these certifications if i keep my original domain experience as an end user with oracle training examination certificate.??

Does it add value to my CV....

2. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

The main benefit to you of certification is actually learning the product, especially areas that you may not be familiar with. Certification has differing responses depending upon where you are in the world; some employers look for such certifications and require them for consideration and some, here in the United States for example, ask for them from the HR perspective but they don't give much advantage with the hiring manager as abuses of the certification program, such as using brain dumps and having others take your exams for you, make the program appear almost worthless. If you are going to certify it's best if you do the work to learn and not rely on brain dumps to pass your tests. Oracle considers brain dumps as cheating and will revoke your certification if they find you used them:

https://blogs.oracle.com/certification/entry/0477

It can add value to your CV but if that's the ONLY reason you will certify then don't. You should be certifying to gain knowledge, not to pad your resume.

3. raovk13

raovk13 Active Member

Good question and good answer.

Thanks