1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Need help with line breaks in pl/sql

Discussion in 'SQL PL/SQL' started by alexcol, Dec 16, 2017.

1. alexcol

alexcol Active Member

Good Morning
    I need your help please, I am new at PL/SQL

I need to run a select command with multiple values, if a break down this query into 3 pieces and run them,they works perfectly, but Ive got problems whenever i execute this query because there are multiple values into the where clause and i think its necessary to create lines break so it may work perfectly

how can i get throuh this

Code (SQL):
    SELECT  job_name, command,description,days_of_week,start_mins,machine, J2.CREATE_STAMP, J2.MODIFY_STAMP
    FROM MDBADMIN.UJO_JOBROW JR JOIN MDBADMIN.ujo_job2 J2
    ON (JR.JOID = J2.JOID)
    WHERE job_name IN ('coscl_PM_zip_log','coscl_PM_clear_log','coscl_PM_alarma_fs','coscl_PM_pmapp1_PM_up','coscl_PM_control_recargas_cod_11','coscl_PM_control_recargas_ingreso','coscl_PM_control_rec_error_cc_agrup_v1'.'coscl_PM_control_procesos_diarios','coscl_PM_rep_recar_x_estado','coscl_PM_control_tiempos_recargas',
    'coscl_PM_control_porcentaje','coscl_PM_control_puertos_bloq','coscl_PM_control_errores', 'coscl_PM_control_java','coscl_PM_control_error_cache');
    I appreciate your help in advanced

2. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

Without create table statements and sample data no one can see what you are seeing. It's unclear what, exactly, you want since there is no example of what you are getting as results and what you want to get as results.

Post what has been requested and someone here may be able to assist you.

3. alexcol

alexcol Active Member

Because in where clause i have 15 values and execute this query does not do anything because line on where clause is too large or something like that, but if I split the same in 3 queries i get results:

Code (SQL):
    SELECT  job_name, command,description,days_of_week,start_mins,machine, J2.CREATE_STAMP, J2.MODIFY_STAMP
    ON (JR.JOID = J2.JOID)
    WHERE job_name IN ('coscl_PM_zip_log','coscl_PM_clear_log','coscl_PM_alarma_fs','coscl_PM_pmapp1_PM_up','coscl_PM_control_recargas_cod_11','coscl_PM_control_recargas_ingreso');

ON (JR.JOID = J2.JOID)
    WHERE job_name IN ('coscl_PM_control_rec_error_cc_agrup_v1','coscl_PM_control_procesos_diarios','coscl_PM_rep_recar_x_estado','coscl_PM_control_tiempos_recargas','coscl_PM_control_porcentaje');

ON (JR.JOID = J2.JOID)
    WHERE job_name IN ('coscl_PM_control_puertos_bloq','coscl_PM_control_errores', 'coscl_PM_control_java','coscl_PM_control_error_cache');

Ouput;

Code (SQL):
    coscl_PM_control_error_cache                                    |/home/pmapp1/shell/control_error_cache_autosys.sh                                                                                                                                                                                                              |Valida si se presenta el error relacionado con USER ID                                                                                                                                                                                                         |ALL                                                                             |0,12,24,36,48                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  |PRODPMAPP1                                                                      |23/05/2016 23:14:44|24/05/2016 01:04:18
    coscl_PM_control_errores                                        |/home/pmapp1/shell/control_errores_autosys.sh                                                                                                                                                                                                                  |Validacion errores de oracle en Payment Manager                                                                                                                                                                                                                |ALL                                                                             |0,2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22,24,26,28,30,32,34,36,38,40,42,44,46,48,50,52,54,56,58                                                                                                                                                                           |PRODPMAPP1                                                                      |23/05/2016 23:14:43|24/05/2016 00:32:55
    coscl_PM_control_java                                           |/home/pmapp1/shell/control_java_autosys.sh                                                                                                                                                                                                                     |Validacion de procesos java con alto consume de CPU                                                                                                                                                                                                            |ALL                                                                             |0,6,12,18,24,30,36,42,48,54                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    |PRODPMAPP1                                                                      |23/05/2016 23:14:43|23/05/2016 23:14:43
    coscl_PM_control_puertos_bloq                                   |/home/pmapp1/shell/control_puertos_bloqueados_autosys.sh                                                                                                                                                                                                       |Control sobre puertos bloqueddos                                                                                                                                                                                                                               |ALL                                                                             |05,15,25,35,45,55                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              |PRODPMAPP1                                                                      |23/05/2016 23:13:03|23/05/2016 23:13:03

I appreciate your help in advanced

4. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

Then the answer is simple and I'm surprised you didn't think of it; make the WHERE clause multiple lines:

Code (SQL):
    WHERE job_name IN ('coscl_PM_zip_log','coscl_PM_clear_log','coscl_PM_alarma_fs','coscl_PM_pmapp1_PM_up','coscl_PM_control_recargas_cod_11')
    OR job_name IN ('coscl_PM_control_recargas_ingreso','coscl_PM_control_rec_error_cc_agrup_v1'.'coscl_PM_control_procesos_diarios','coscl_PM_rep_recar_x_estado')
    OR job_name IN ('coscl_PM_control_tiempos_recargas')