1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Instant client error windows 10

Discussion in 'Installation - Windows' started by ScottInTexas, Sep 20, 2018.

1. ScottInTexas

ScottInTexas Starter

Hello,

Several of my programs connect to our database using a simple connection to download data such as users or test result data and the like. This is done through C#, VB or VBA, depending on the template. We are in the process of upgrading to Windows 10 systems. Our office products are 32 bit (Microsoft Office 2013). Yes, I know, we are slow to upgrade. So I installed Instant Client 12.2.0.1.0 on the new computer. I made sure the Path was set to point to the folder containing the instant client files. I also installed the Visual Studio 2013 redistributalble. When I run my programs I get an error that says "Error -2147467259 while trying to receive text for error ORA-01019" This happens when I try to get a connection. In the VBA application I have it try two different connection strings and both throw the same error. The difference between the two is the Provider. One is MSDORA.1 and the other is OraOLEDB.Oracle.

Set con="Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle;Password=****;User ID=****;Data Source=some.com;Persist Security Info=True"

I tried adding the System variables ORACLE_HOME and TNS_ADMIN like we had with the 11g client, but that made no difference. I was able to ping the database using sqlplus. I got connected. The two different programs work on every Non Windows 10 system.

Any ideas on what is causing the error?

2. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

01019, 00000, "unable to allocate memory in the user side"
    // *Cause: The user side memory allocator returned error.
    // *Action: Increase the processes heap size or switch to the old set of calls.

3. ScottInTexas

ScottInTexas Starter

Thank you for your reply. As soon as I can get up to the lab I will try it.