1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Different calendars - primary and secondary ledger

Discussion in 'Oracle Financials' started by zlakhani, Oct 13, 2016.

1. zlakhani

zlakhani Active Member

I have a primary ledger where the calendar starts from April and ends in Mar (next year).

For my secondary ledger, I need to define a calendar from January to December.

Everything else (Currency, COA, Accounting Convention) will remain the same.

Can someone let me know how the calendar mapping can be defined?

2. Gorang

Gorang Starter

Hi Zlakhani.. Did it work? !

3. arindamcity

arindamcity Active Member

Can you please tell me at what level do you want to consolidating your financial transactions??
    Because primary and secondary ledger mapping can happen if your Chart of account structure is different. Other wise if the case is like: Primary Ledger (India) calendar : Apr to Mar and Secondary Ledger (Hong Kong) calendar: Jan to Dec. And consolidate will be do in Hong Kong level then no need to map anything. India ledger will maintain separate financial year end activity and will transfer transaction amounts to HK entity and final consolidation would be maintained by HK at end of December.