1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Content Server Setup

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by rnavduri, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

I Hope after making the change you restarted content server.

Previously as u posted the error
    Code (Text):

'SystemDatabase' with connection string '[B]jdbcracle:thin:@localhost:1521:XE[/B]'.
    Please make sure that the connection string, user and password are correct.
    Listener refused the connection with the following error:
    ORA-12519, TNS:no appropriate service handler found
    The Connection descriptor used by the client was:
    localhost:1521:XE
    java.sql.SQLException: Listener refused the connection with the following error:
    ORA-12519, TNS:no appropriate service handler found
    The Connection descriptor used by the client was:
    localhost:1521:XE
    Are u still getting the same error? Note the jdbc connection string, it should have changed even if u r getting the same error

2. rnavduri

rnavduri Forum Advisor

Sadik,

I dont want to write that it does not work but still I am not able to view login page. This time I have configured DB in a different way.

1. I ran stllentrole.sql and created UCM user
    2. Added Stellent role to UCM
    3. Logged out and connected as UCM user
    4. Ran All.sql located in UCM\ContentServer\database\oracle

Oracle XE:

All I have done to install this is selected default values may be 3 clicks and it got installed. I dont see any problem with database

Apache: When I ping localhost it shows as "It worked"

Content Server: Installed successfully and able to see the admin window but not content server window.

Classpath: I have added oracle_path in the path

Along with I am attaching log file and installation doc.

I still feel that there is something to do with classpath stuff as it might be missing so jar files.

Can you do me a small favor. Can you install XE in your machine and see whether you are able to access content server login page as I have asked my friend to do the same and he is also not able to see the login page.

Rajesh.

Attached Files:

3. Sadik

hi.. i understand that this must be very frustrating for you, but this is not a Jar files issue. you are basically getting a ORA-12519, TNS:no appropriate service handler found which in simple language means that the connection parameters with which your application is trying to connect to the database, the TNSnames.ora file is not able to match those parameters, simple.

This is also not an oracle XE issue because, i have installed UCM on XE in the past succesfully. OK now, please attach your <UCM>/config/config.cfg file and also check that your TNS listener service is running or not. I have narrowed down the error cause and it shouldn't be difficult from here on to resolve it.

4. rnavduri

rnavduri Forum Advisor

Sadik,

I hope and I want you to be right. Please find the screen shot of my services and config.config.

Rajesh

Attached Files:

5. Sadik

well everything is all right in your configuration but this gets more mystifying!

I did some research for you in metalink and here are Oracle's list of probable causes
    But i checked all your config and everything's fine, (assuming you haven't changed your tnsnames or config.cfg after you posted them here). Also I hope your JDBC Database username and passowrd given in System properties is correct. (Please check once again) Another reason by oracle is that apparently one cannot have a hyphen in JDBC Connection!

Your JDBC connection also has a hyphen because your database host is LL3-N4737.ad.tiaa-cref.org. I don't know how you can change that. One thing you can try is change the host for XE entry in tnsnames.ora to localhost,save and check whether you can connect as UCM user with sqlplus. If yes, then modify the JDBC connection string to include localhost in place of LL3-N4737.ad.tiaa-cref.org, check JDBC username and password, save and restart CS. it's a long shot but i can't figure out anything else wrong in your config.

6. rnavduri

rnavduri Forum Advisor

Sadik,

In Config.cofig file DB details are correct. For 'hyphen" I have changed it to IP Address and localhost. Both are not working.
    I think we should not spend more time on this. Next week I am going to install full Oracle DB in our Unix environment along with content server. I hope it will work. Once again thank you very much to spend some of your time to fix this problem. Lets move on to the System Architecture.
    I will update you once I see content server login page in unix.
    Have a nice day.

Rajesh

7. rnavduri

rnavduri Forum Advisor

Sadik,

Atlast I am able to successfully install into one of my team member's laptop. I could able to see content server now.

Coming to the Site Studio, which version you have want me to use? 10gr3 or r4? Because there is not JSP support for R3. Also can you please create another thread about Site Studio setup? This will be helpful for people like me who are beginners.
    1. What are the components are there in Site Studio?
    2. How configure Content Server in site studio?
    3. How to setup Ravenna website?
    4. And any other configure or setup details.

Thanks.

Rajesh

8. joojacob

joojacob Active Member

Hi rnavduri,
    I also got this error message when installing Content Server. In my case it was because Content Server was set to a port that was already in use. I assigned it a new port and that helped.

9. Kesava

Kesava Guest

Hi Sadik,

Hope u r doing good. Even i am facing the same issue. But i have the same host name eveywhere as referred above in the thread chain. Please help me how to get rid of this error and start content server.

Thanks,
    Kesava

10. longnnit

longnnit Guest

hi123kk klk k

11. Just want to say your post is awesome. The clarity in your post is simply spectacular .
    ----------------------------------------------------

HealthCare CPA