1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

cannot create a schedule for this person when assign it to a project

Discussion in 'Oracle Projects' started by tinar, Jul 4, 2013.

1. tinar

tinar Active Member

Hi all, I want to add an assignment for a person and when I submit for approval, the messages are "You cannot create a schedule for this person" and "This person cannot be entered as a resource on the project team because required resource or organization setup information is missing". I couldn't find any useful information on metalink. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,
    tinar

2. Bharat

Bharat Community Moderator Forum Guru

Is that peron future dated employee or what ?

If employee is future dated then please refer to the following note:
    Future Start Date On Employee Prevents Assignment. 'Row 1 Error - You cannot create a schedule for this person.' is the Error Received. [ID 1089742.1]

3. tinar

tinar Active Member

Hi Bharat, that person is no future dated employee, I saw that note from Oracle. Another person with same job and organization could be assigned. But after submitted "PRC: Maintain Project Resources" I have PA_FORECAST_OPTIONS_NOT_SETUP for the first person but not for all persons from that organization. Do you have other suggestions?

Regards,
    tinar

4. Bharat

Hi Tinar,

Check with the Organization setup for the employee who you are facing an issue.

5. tinar

tinar Active Member

I wrote earlier that I have 2 employees (for example) in the same organization, same job and only for one I have that message. So the organization setup is ok. The problem is regarding the person but I don't know what is it.

Regards,
    tinar

6. Bharat

Please check the person details in PA_RESOURCES_DENORM by passing person_Id.

And now check the resource end date and organization id.

tinar likes this.
  7. tinar

tinar Active Member

In PA_RESOURCES_DENORM that employee appears only for organization_id = 235, till 05-jan-2012. But in HR I see that he was alocated on that organization till 31-aug-2012. From that day on he was allocated on another two organizations. That organization (235) does not have an end date.

What is this table used for and what should I do for my employee to assign him on a project?

Regards,
    tinar

8. tinar

tinar Active Member

Hi Bharat, I discovered that an old organization from the employee didn't have the forecast options (but no request indicate that specific organization).

Thank you for your help.
    tinar

Bharat likes this.
  9. iavinash

iavinash Active Member

I too just faced the problem and after initial investigation i found that resource was an ex-employee, was terminated a day before.

Thought to update the forum in case this helps any one.

Thanks -
    Learn Oracle Fusion Online