1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Yahoo YUI

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by idcChris, Aug 22, 2011.

1. idcChris

idcChris Active Member

Hello,

Is there anyone who use the YUI to do some custom functions? I have a question regarding the ACLs in 11g.

I want to use the ACL function like it is, but set the value depending an other metadata.

Standard function for ROLE ACLs: User enter the ACL name to the input field; a YUI AJAX function requests the role from the table; then the user select the role and push the button add role. The function behind the button is (onclick="javascript:idc.security.util.doAccessListAdd('xClbraRoleList')") where xClbraRoleList' is the role list metadata field.

What I did is to fill in the meta data input field triggered by java script event from out meta data and execute the function behind the button idc.security.util.doAccessListAdd('xClbraRoleList'), but then I got an error. Something has to be done in background before.

I someone familiar with this yui java script functions or dose anyone have a documentation for the UCM yui java script code?

Thanks,
    Christoph

2. idcChris

idcChris Active Member

And there is the solution:

// get acl by meta data name
    acl = idc.security.util.getAccessList('xClbraRoleList');

// create a parameter array
    var name = "The ACL Name";
    var priv = "R"; // R=read; W=write ...
    var param = new Array(name, priv);

// make a new ACL item
    var item = acl.makeItemFromParams(param, false);

// add item to the ACL
    acl.addItem(item);

// set item privileges to force update acl list
    acl.togglePrivilege(name, priv);

That's it!

Hope it is not only helpful for me.

dcell59 and Sadik like this.
  3. dcell59

dcell59 Forum Advisor

Thank you for posting this. So many people come here and ask questions and then never come back with their solution, or even answer questions in the discussion. I wish I could help more, but most of my knowledge is limited to the Desktop Integration Suite stuff.

4. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

Absolutely agree...