1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

XML Publisher question

Discussion in 'Oracle Forms and Reports' started by rtaylor, Nov 3, 2009.

1. rtaylor

rtaylor Active Member

I hope I'm posting this to the correct forum. We are using XML Publisher on 11i. It seems that when an Excel spreadsheet is created using this tool, two blank spaces are added to the last column in the spreadsheet. Well, one is a blank space, the other is ASCII character 160. I can remove these characters using an Excel macro, but is there a way to keep XML Publisher from adding these characters? Even if the cell is blank, these two characters are added.

2. shaikhather

shaikhather Active Member

It is question upon your question, that How are you creating template for EXCEL Spreadsheet. Please explain I really need it.

Bundle Full Thanks.
    Ather Ali

3. rtaylor

rtaylor Active Member

To create the template, I used Oracle BI Publisher in MS Word. I ran the job in Oracle to craete the data template. I loaded the data template in Word, and created the RTF file. I didn't change anything in the RTF file Word created, not even any format changes. I think the ASCII 160 character is the End Of Line character that is placed at the end of each record. In the RTF template, it appears as an E. I think my only solution to the problem is to add a dummy column to the SQL statement and template. This will then contain the two "blank" characters, and the user can simply delete that column.