1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Working hours

Discussion in 'Oracle HRMS & Payroll' started by zubcevic.tarik, May 22, 2014.

1. zubcevic.tarik

zubcevic.tarik Active Member

Hi, everyone..
    Is there a way to show the number of working hours per month for an employee over the web adi (API)?

2. rajenb

rajenb Forum Expert

Hi Zubcevic,

Can you give us some more information about this WebADI : standard or custom webadi ?
    And what's the purpose - for background information ?
    By "API" do you mean to say if there exists an API which gives the no of working hours ?

Thanks.

zubcevic.tarik likes this.
  3. zubcevic.tarik

Hi,
    I need this information because I must to know can I over Web ADI get information about working hours of some employee. I need to "extract" these information from the ebs,then change number of working hours (if I have need for that), and back it into the system. Is this possible by WebADI?

4. rajenb

rajenb Forum Expert

Hi,

Working hours are generally input/loaded into Elements.

Have you tried using the BEE Spreadsheet Interface (WebADI) to update these elements ?

5. zubcevic.tarik

I have standard Web Adi form for update elements. But I need the way to see value of element for employee and full name of employee. In the WebADI form I only have ID of elements and Assignment ID from my employee. I am sorry if I disturbed you....

6. rajenb

rajenb Forum Expert

Hi,
    Sorry for late reply .. but somewhat busy ...

You do have the value of the element (pay value or any other input value defined).
    However, I'm a bit surprised by the need to see the full name of employee. It defeats the purpose of Updates through Web ADI which has been designed as a tool for mass updates.

Generally, you extract a report of all entries (for a given element) for the current payroll period with all the required details (including full name of employee, assignment number, element value, etc...). Payroll operations checks which lines need to be corrected and extract the relevant information and lines from that report and uploads it through Web ADI.

If you need to see full name, the other option is to use Batch Element Entry where for each assignment no entered/picked you have the full name displayed.

Last resort: build a custom web adi.

7. zubcevic.tarik

Hi,Rajen...
    Thank you a lot for you replay and for you time for me....
    Do you have some e-mail please?

8. rajenb

rajenb Forum Expert

Ok. I'll send you a private message with my email id.