1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

WorkFlow

Discussion in 'Oracle Apps Technical' started by suman, Sep 26, 2008.

1. suman

suman Active Member

Hi,

I am having some questions regarding Workflow Backgraound Process Schedule.

1-what is the ideal way to schedule a concurrent program wrt to item_types and also wrt time interval.
    Distinct item_types will be ‘APEXP’, ‘POAPPRV’, ‘REQAPPRV’, ‘APVRMDER’ and finally for null item_type.

2-What happens if we give Process Deferred : Yes, Process Timeout : Yes Process Stuck : Yes, In the same request.

3- Next : if we schedule 10 mins once for null item_type and 5 mins once ‘REQAPPRV’ item_type how CP will pick requisitions in both the cases.

2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

1. By time interval I presume, you mean the minimum and maximum thresholds. I don't think anyone can give u an ad-hoc "optimum" threshold times. But regarding ‘APEXP’, ‘POAPPRV’, ‘REQAPPRV’, ‘APVRMDER’, i think you would want to leave defaults 0 and 100 for min-max, because, you wouldn't want your workflow engine to miss any event.

2. You should have one background process schedule for timed out activities, one that can process deferred activities, and one that can handle stuck processes.

you CAN select Yes for all three in the same request as by doing that you are basically telling the same background workflow Engine to handle all deferred, timeout and stuck activities. BUT the problem will be that many of your item type activities may not get processed at all as "their turn may never come" hence this is NOT Advisable

3. when you say null item-type, you mean you wouldn't select any item-type, right?
    If you do not specify an item type, the workflow engine processes only deferred activity regardless of its item type.

3. suman

suman Active Member

Hi Sadik,

Thanks a lot for providing me the information(Workflow Background Process Schedule). :):)

Regards,
    Suman

4. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

you are most welcome!