1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Workflow in APEX Pages

Discussion in 'Oracle Application Express (APEX)' started by Bharat, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Bharat

Bharat Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hi All,

Is there any possibility of building approvals through APEX Page ? Like we developed a form feature with submit button. When we click on Submit button that information has to go for approvals and till approved the status of that record should be waiting approval and once it is approved status should change to Approved. Is this Scenario possible in APEX ? If so can please share some information on this.

2. DTSIGuy

DTSIGuy Forum Advisor

This is possible, I have an app along these lines myself....but you have to build in manually.

3. Bharat

Can you please guide me or provide me some documents on this to do.

4. DTSIGuy

DTSIGuy Forum Advisor

I did it by making the entire thing table-based. All permissions, data row states, etc...ALL of the data you are working with is maintained on the database.

Then, as the 'state' of the data changes to progress through the workflow you can have buttons, tabs, regions, etc....appear and disappear depending on the workflow rules.

In my case, I have a table for members of the workflow process...all of whom are assigned to different levels of responsibility. There's also a table for the 'item' that's working through the process and a separate table for the workflow 'steps'. As my 'item' progresses through the workflow, I will update it's status using the identifier of the workflow 'step'. On my primary page, I match the logged user against my member/responsibility and I have a button appear on the page when an action is needed. I also use the email process to spam all my workflow customers.

As I said...it's intensely manual...map out your workflow and build your table structure and APEX processes around it. So far, for me, it works great and hasn't broken...yet. ;-)

HTH

CJ

5. Bharat

Hi CJ,

Do you have documents on this? If so can you please share it?

6. DTSIGuy

DTSIGuy Forum Advisor

I do not....