1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

WIP issue for OSP Item in Finished Good

Discussion in 'Oracle SCM & Manufacturing' started by Bharat, May 4, 2012.

1. Bharat

Bharat Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hi all,

We have designed one finished good which contains 1 OutSide Processing item. This OSP item is not inventory item. We have did BOM for this finished good. Here we have purchased all items which are in that finished good, also OSP item we have made purchase order. After that the OSP items were in ShopFloor. After that we made WIP to make finished good. But whenever we are doing WIP, job is finishing successfully and items are getting under quantity available, but items are not coming to reserve. Can I know what is the problem exists here and any solution for this.

2. Bharat

Hi all,

Can anyone please help me on this.

3. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Bharat,

Check the item attributes for conflicts or whether all the desired attributes are selected.
    cheers
    Ramji

4. Bharat

Hi ramji,

Thanks for your reply. Is it for inventory or BOM or WIP you are saying about.

5. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Bharat,

for item not getting reserved. I did not go into specifics. A while ago had encountered a problem of item reservation and the attributes .
    cheers
    Ramji

6. Bharat

Hi ramji,

Can I know what should be the problem. I have gone through the attributes but I didn't found anything wrong with them.

7. ravinerella

ravinerella Guest

Hi Bharat,
    It is issue based on the subinventory which you choosen at the time of Discrete Jobs please change the subinventory as "Stores" then u r problem is solved.

Thanks,
    Ravi

8. Bharat

Hi ravi,

Yes the issue has been resolved by changing sub-inventory to "Stores". We need to check "FloorStock" whether it is having reservable option check or not. When we check that it works fine with that too. Thanks for your reply.

9. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Dear Bharat,

May I request you and also Manik, to post feedback on issues always after resolution so others will have a reference point without having to post on the subject again.

This is very important in knowledge sharing, the root cause and solutions are available without having to search or query again and again and will augur well for the board in the long run.

Thank you for your kind understanding.
    cheers
    Ramji

Bharat likes this.