1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Why Accounting Method as 4th C in R12

Discussion in 'Oracle Financials' started by tejach.apps, Feb 27, 2011.

1. tejach.apps

tejach.apps Active Member

Hi guys,

Can any one tell me why Accounting Method is called as 4th C in R12. Please be more specific.

Regards,
    Teja.

2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

3C / 4C these are all marketing gimmicks and have no bearing on actual work. If you are aiming for a career in Oracle EBS, the only way is experience and hard work. And all the best for any interviews you may be taking.

3. tejach.apps

Tanku u

Regards,
    Teja

4. handsonerp

handsonerp Active Member

Dear Teja,

In 11i the subledger accounting method (cash/accrual) was used to be defined at the subledger setup (AP/AR). However in R12 things have changed. You define the subledger accounting method at the ledger level. All subledgers tied to that ledger will use that particular accounting convention. So there is a difference in 11i and R12. The accounting "Convention" is now married to the ledger and hence the term 4Cs.

If you are not planning to use subledgers then you do not have to choose a value in the accounting method field. You can leave it blank. Your GL functionality will remain unaffected. However you will have to specify an accounting method at the ledger setup, before you could use a subledger.

Hope that helps.

Hasan

mohitbansal and Sadik like this.
  5. tejach.apps

hi Hasan

Thanks for the information.

Regards,
    Teja.

6. venkateswarlu.y@genpact

venkateswarlu.y@genpact Active Member

Hi,

4th C means Accounting Convention...

That deals with How efficient and effective manner of the GL Accounting

Regards,
    Venkat

7. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Oh God Larry Ellison has now peformed a Nikah LOL. Jokes apart this forms the basis of Subledger Accounting and the flexibility that comes with it. Different rules for different Ledgers is possible to meet statutory and domicile specific needs in a straight forward manner and to track the same at a transaction level.
    ramji

8. capardeep

capardeep Guest

handsonerp already suggested you !

9. Satyam

Satyam Guest

Hi to all...
    I am Satyam

Actually we can define the ledger with out 4th'c.Its a new tool in R12.We don't have in 11i.4th'c Means conventional method,Conventional method means Sub ledger Accounting method.Importing the journals from other Modules(AP,AR,FA,CM) in to General Legder(GL).for thet purpose we are using the 4th'C(Sub ledger accounting method)

Thanks & Regards
    Satyam

sramkisna likes this.