1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Which consulting firms pay the best?

Discussion in 'Coffee Corner' started by ITguy1957, Aug 13, 2012.

1. ITguy1957

ITguy1957 Guest

Does anybody know which IT consulting firm pays its consultants the most? What percentage of bill rate do they pay?
  2. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

Aurora, CO
    That's an interesting question -- I'm wondering how that actually applies to Oracle other than how you decide which consultancy to hire on to -- it doesn't take into account the workload, how you are treated as an employee/contractor, what level of personal life (if any) you will have by working for them, how long before you get burned out by the incessant workload and go elsewhere ... it's a pretty shallow inquiry if you ask me.

I wonder what employers think of people who ask such questions.
  3. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

I doubt there is any IT firm which pays it's employees by percentage of rate billed to client. You either work on a permanent basis, in which case you have a fixed annual package with whatever benefits the firm provides or you work on a contractual basis for X number of months which usually extends till the end of whichever project you have been hired for.

How much an employee earns at the end of the day depends on what he brings to the table. The same company will pay several times more to someone who has decades of experience and who will deliver what the firm needs than someone who is fresh and starting out.

I always tell whoever asks me, Your career will always depend on the three "E"s, Education, Expertise and Experience. When you start out you are hired on the basis of Education. Later, your expertise in the field or technology you are working with will determine your level and finally it's all a matter of Experience.
  4. kiran.marla

kiran.marla Forum Genius

Ek Tha Sadik :) Bhai, well said.