1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Where to start learning oracle (self study)?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by shish, Apr 23, 2012.

1. shish

shish Active Member

Hello,
    I'm from Bangladesh and I'm interested to learn oracle myself. I can't spend a penny in institution for learning oracle.
    I 've little experience on working access. You know the limitations and that's why I'm switching to oracle.

I want to build software like inventory Management Systems, Sales & L/C Management Systems, Goods information management software, student management software etc.

I know nothing about oracle, even I am not acquainted with oracle developer kit or enterprise edition.

Please suggest me some learning materials with link (even if material is in this site, this site's document section is huge) and procedure to finish step by step.

Any material related to my target which is available free on the net will be helpful for me. But kindly mention which one needs to be done after which one.

Thanks in advance.

2. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

I would start here:

http://tahiti.oracle.com

Choose a release (11g Release 2 is the most current and the one I would suggest) then read the Concepts Guide completely, then read it again. From there you should read the 2-Day Developer's Guide, peruse the SQL reference and then go on to the Administrator's Guide to understand more of the workings of Oracle. There are also good blogs online but those are usually targeted at those familiar with Oracle; peruse them as you have time and bookmark the ones you find helpful.

Come here to ask questions and get answers; we are more than happy to help those who help themselves. Please do not simply post a question without first trying to solve it on your own and have examples of what you've tried so we can see what, if anything, you may have done incorrectly or if you're having problems with a concept.