1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Where can I find a sample of dbca.rsp file?

Discussion in 'Installation - Unix and Unix Like' started by dariyoosh, Aug 13, 2009.

1. dariyoosh

dariyoosh Forum Advisor

Dear all,

I've just successfully installed for the first time Oracle 11g in silent mode on Redhat Enterprise 5.3
    (I installed in silent mode because there is no X system installled on this Linux server).
    The installation was completely successful. I used the response file provided in the response
    directory (ee.rsp) and I defined the parameters value properly according to what I needed..

Now I want to install a general purpose database. According to what I read in Oracle 11g installation guide,
    it is also possible to use DBCA in silent mode again by using a response file.

Now the problem is that I searched for all response files in the oracle package that I downloaded, there
    is only three response files (for different type of installations Enterprise, Standard, etc.) but no dbca.rsp.

Well, when I run

Code (Text):

$ su oracle
    passwd
    $ dbca -h

I can see the possible options, but in a response file the information is more detailed (specially for
    someone like me who is going to use this command for the first time).

Where can I find this file? if it is not provided with Oracle package, in the case where you have a sample
    could you kindly copy/paste a version of the file (after removing of course all confidential set of information)?

Thanks in advance,
    Dariyoosh
    :)

2. sameer

sameer Forum Advisor

The dbca.rsp should be present in this location [installation bin dir]/Disk1/response/dbca.rsp

3. dariyoosh

dariyoosh Forum Advisor

Yes, and this is what I read also in Oracle installation guide, however as I said
    dbca.rsp is not there.

:confused:

4. tyro

tyro Forum Genius

Hmmm it seems that for 11g the files under response/ are missing from OTN zip files. I suggest you download from edelivery, if possibe. Or try to locate someone who may have the cds. Sorry i don't have it either.

dariyoosh likes this.
  5. dariyoosh

dariyoosh Forum Advisor

Hello there,

Thank you very much both of you for your help. Well, as you mentioned it seems
    that currently the zip file on the Oracle download page doesn't contain all the
    response files.

However I found the following document quite interesting and informative, that
    allowed me to easily create a database:

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B28359_01/server.111/b28310/create003.htm

Regards,
    Dariyoosh
    :D

6. tyro

tyro Forum Genius

Hi... glad it worked out

7. a0s

a0s Active Member

Hi,
    I'm new to this club. Preparing for OCA 11g, not sure if I cud take those 2 exams at the diff time or do I need to have in one sitting. Please advise me where can I find sample Qs or dumps for OCA 11g exam. Your help is greatly appreciated!! Thanks

Anju S.