1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

When scannig in UCM 11g, is it possible to change the filename.

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by mehrva, Oct 4, 2011.

1. mehrva

mehrva Active Member

When I insert a document via scanner, the filename is something like "0000000T_1.TIF"
    Is it possible to change the filename ? Ans replace it with title for example ?

2. dcell59

dcell59 Forum Advisor

I don't know how the scanner interface works, but I assume that it allows you to enter the title before you check the file in.

It's possible if you can write a Java component. What you need to do is to create a filter component (extend FilterImplementor) and have it handle "validateCheckinData". The simplest implementation would just take the value of dDocTitle, make a valid filename out of it (i.e., remove any characters that aren't valid for filenames), and then set primaryFile to that value. It's a little more complicated if you want to deal with possible filename collisions in Folders.

3. dcell59

dcell59 Forum Advisor

Well, I guess either that was the answer or the question no longer matters.

4. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

Probably the latter... :)