1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

What to mention- Oracle D2K or Apps Developer in resume.

Discussion in 'Interview Discussions' started by Neha1234, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Neha1234

Neha1234 Active Member

Hello everyone,

Hope you all are doing fine. :)
    Actually, I have an experience of 2 years and I use to develop applications for ERP system, using Oracle Forms and Report Builder 6i and 11g. I have worked on modules like Purchase, Asset, etc. Technical developments only.
    Now I am looking for a job change. And some consultancy said to me that they are forwarding my resume for Oracle Apps Developer. I said Ok to them. Now I am worried, if Oracle D2K and Oracle Apps are different things.
    Should I mention myself as Oracle D2K Developer or as Oracle Apps Developer? And what is the difference between the both. And for which profile can I apply in future? for D2K Developer or for Apps Developer.

Thank you in advance for replying. :)

2. DTSIGuy

DTSIGuy Forum Advisor

The D2K refers to Oracle Developer/2000 which consists of Forms 4.5 and Report 2.5 whereas you've been using Forms and reports 6i and 11.

The Apps Developer will use the version of Forms/Reports that is 'slaved' or certified to the EBS platform. If you are on EBS 12.1 or 12.2 you will be using Forms and Reports 10g w/ applicable patchsets. You have the option of using J-Developer as well. I am not aware of any EBS platform that allows development within Form/Reports 11i.

So...if you are comfortable w/ developing within Forms/Reports 6i and/or 11 then you should have no problems w/ the EBS environment except for one. That would be understanding the EBS 3-tier architecture itself and the applicable Coding Standards within the environment. You will need to KNOW those Coding Standards.

HTH

CJ

3. Neha1234

Neha1234 Active Member

Thanks for replying. :)
    I haven’t worked on Forms 4.5 and Reports 2.5, so, I think I can’t say myself as D2K developer. And I haven’t worked on J-Developer and don’t know about EBS. Have just worked on Form/ Report Builder and ERP modules. So, can I still mention myself as Oracle Apps Developer?

4. DTSIGuy

DTSIGuy Forum Advisor

If by Oracle Apps you are referring to the EBS Applications (Financials, HR, Ledger, Manufacturing) then I suspect not.

Neha1234 likes this.
  5. Neha1234

Neha1234 Active Member

Sorry, my internet was not working.
    N okay. I get it. Yes i was confusing Oracle Apps with these EBS Applications. Thank you so much for replying. :)