1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

what is the use of standard interface program

Discussion in 'Oracle Apps Technical' started by kiran.marla, Oct 9, 2010.

1. kiran.marla

kiran.marla Forum Genius

Hi,

what is the use of standard interface program in Oracle apps.

Kiran Marla

2. M_Anas_O

M_Anas_O Forum Advisor

Many times data is imported from other systems into Oracle applications because client uses different applications for different purpose. To make this import easy, Oracle provides Interface tables and programs so that data can be first dumped into interface tables and then validated and transfered into Oracle application base tables.

Oracle provides interfaces for all major entities like items, SRs, orders etc..

3. kiran.marla

kiran.marla Forum Genius

Appreciation for reply. we dump the data from staging table to interface table maunally with all validations,
    then from interface to standard table why we use standard interface program, why cant we manually load data as we done in the previous stage.
    I hope am clear.

Thanks
    Kiran Marla

4. M_Anas_O

M_Anas_O Forum Advisor

Yes you can do it manually IF you can make sure you populate data in all related tables for that entry , make sure all validations are done on data and your data is consistent in all Oracle Apps modules.
    But leaving this all aside, why do you want to write all the code yourself when Oracle gives it ready made for you. Believe me re-writing all Oracle code is not easy and not recomendable.

At last I would like to mention that Oracle does not support custom programs/modules.

kiran.marla likes this.
  5. kiran.marla

kiran.marla Forum Genius

Smart reply, I agree with you what you justified.
    Thanks