1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

What is PRE-APPROVED status of PRs???

Discussion in 'Oracle SCM & Manufacturing' started by manikvengurlekar, Apr 17, 2012.

1. manikvengurlekar

manikvengurlekar Forum Advisor

Hi All,
    Can anybody tell me what is 'Pre-Approved' Status while creating the requistion & how it can be produce? :confused:

Regards
    Manik

2. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Dear Manik,

It is like this. Say Om nama Shivaya 5 times and submit a requisition for approval and you will produce it!!!!!!!!!
    cheers
    Ramji

3. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Jokes apart restart the workflow. The document manager was not available when you were processing and hence you encountered it. You should dig deeper dear Manik. Self help has to be developed with persistence. It will hold you in good stead as you progress.
    Ramji

4. manikvengurlekar

Dear Ramji
    Knowledge is partial without concept, that's why i want to dig out the concept. so i just want to know that what is the concept of 'Pre-Approved' state.

Regards
    Manik

5. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Dear Manik,

Please do not get me wrong. Your thirst for knowledge is impressive. At the same time you need to dig to go to the next level. Today you have a medium called internet. There is a world of knowledge available online. Back when 10.7 was out, no such facilities were available. From experience I can say that the knowledge you get from the sweat you put in will hold you in good stead and take you to the heights of the full journey you began.

See the difference after giving it a go. I see the change in Bharat who has started off and moved to the next level. Since we interact regularly I felt it was my duty to point you in the right direction. Apologies if you felt offended.
    cheers
    Ramji

PS: There is some thing called Mentoring. When many of us started out we used to cry hoping for someone to mentor us and put us through the paces. This is different from the spoon feed approach. You just need a push so that you can start running on your own. And very soon you will find the strength to push others and help them through their paces.

6. manikvengurlekar

Dear Ramji
    OK here is the definition which i dig out from internet.

'Pre–Approved document is one in which a person with the final authority to approve the purchasing document approves it, but then forwards it to someone else for additional approval, thus changing its status to Pre–Approved.

OR

Your organization uses encumbrance budgeting (reserves funds for documents), and the purchasing document is eligible for approval but funds have not yet been reserved for it. Even if someone with sufficient approval authority approves this document, its status may still remain Pre–Approved if funds were not able to be reserved at the time of approval. Once funds have been reserved for the approved document, the document changes its status to Approved.

A Pre–Approved document does not show up as supply for planning module until its status changes to Approved. '

now is it right or wrong!!!

Regards
    Manik

7. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Dear Manik,

Internet is not the right approach. Let me give you some pointers .

First analyze in the following manner.
    a) Did this happen for the first time? b) When did it start happening? From when c) Then compare the state of the particular transaction to one that was successfully executed. (It is very important to observe the various changes that happens as you process transactions, instead of just doing it in a military manner).

Then refer Oracle documentation for the specific problem. If you have online help click on the question mark and that should give you a head start . It opens with literature for you to get a conceptual understanding.

If you still are not clear you can search on Oracle Support Portal called Metalink.
    If you still do not get an answer you need to log a service request with Oracle.
    In the interim you can post it and see if your friends have encountered it and can offer tips.
    After all ERP keeps changing all the time and any knowledge we have needs to be shared or its a waste of time really as with the next version all that you learnt previously is strictly of no use except from the point of view of grounding and approach and experience to tackle anything.

Now coming to the point the Root cause of any problem will depend on multiple factors.
    Budgetary control is one of the possible causes which only you will be able to know if it is enabled in the setup in which you work.
    We cannot guess it isnt it? Then workflow could error out and cause the issue. I could presume other things being equal, if the doc is stuck in process in that status it could be an environmental issue like a manager being unavailable.

Cheers
    Ramji