1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

What is Oracle Apps?

Discussion in 'General' started by piyuyawa, Mar 19, 2010.

1. piyuyawa

piyuyawa Active Member

Hello,

Im new to oracle apps..
    I have been working on Oracle for the last 6.5 years as a software developer.
    I have been working on Oracle 7.x, 8 and 10g database for back-end and Oracle Forms, Reports D2K, 6i and 10g for front-end.

I would now like to upgrade myself to oracle apps, but dont know how to proceed.
    I know that oracle apps is basically a collection of ready made applications like Financial, HRMS, etc.
    But, I cant make out how to start learning the same.
    What do i need to install on my machine to practice/learn?
    Which books do I need to refer to?
    And most importantly, how to get myself certified as a Oracle apps developer, as I couldnt find any Oracle certification exam for the same. :confused:

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

For starters you may read this article:

What is Oracle Apps. Let me know your thoughts here after reading. I will let you know something about certifications.

piyuyawa likes this.
  3. piyuyawa

piyuyawa Active Member

Hey Sadik,

Thanks a bunch for the starter article...
    Understood the concept.
    You have said that "Different modules are organized into different schemas like PO, INV, GL schemas etc."
    Does this mean that if a user wants to use Ora Apps, they will have to have these schema only in their database, i.e. are the schema names fixed?

Also, what should I refer to next?

4. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

5. debrah.h48

debrah.h48 Active Member

Oracle Applications comprise the applications software or business software of Oracle Corporation. The term refers to the non-database (non-technology) parts of Oracle Corporation's software portfolio.

Oracle Corporation initially launched its application suite with financials software in the late 1980s. The offering as of 2009[update] extends to supply-chain management, human-resource management, warehouse-management, customer-relationship management, call-center services, product-lifecycle management, and many other areas. Both in-house expansion and the acquisition of other companies have vastly expanded Oracle Corporation's application-software repertoire.

Oracle Applications 11i Technical Training Launch

6. Joseph Andrew

Joseph Andrew Active Member

Oracle Corporation markets its home-grown software applications, including Oracle Financial s, Oracle HRMS, Oracle CRM, etc. as parts of the "Oracle E-Business Suite".

<Links Removed>

7. RAHULKOTHARI

RAHULKOTHARI Active Member

of gr8 help guys..