1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Webcenter content OracleTextSearch problem with querying Content id

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by pperee, Nov 22, 2012.

1. pperee

pperee Active Member

Hi,

We are in the migration process of our Wbecenter from 10G to 11g.

We have an issue with the search engine.

Previously, we had "DATABASE.FULLTEXT" with another component "OracleCaseInsensitiveSearch".

Now, in 11g, with "DATABASE.FULLTEXT", it seems there is no case insensitive management.

So, I tried to use OracleTextSearch as search engine, but I am facing with issues.

To be honest, I do not understand at all on the search engine is working.
    I have a lot of trouble when I am querying on the Content ID.

The content ids are like "HOW_TO_REACH_FR, ...".
    If I try a request like "dDocName <contains>`HOW`<AN> dDocType <matches> `DYNAMIC_PAGE`", the system returns all the documents with type "DYNAMIC_PAGE" without taking the criteria on the dDocName into account.
    But, if I try a request like "dDocName <contains>`HOW_TO_REACH`<AND> dDocType <matches> `DYNAMIC_PAGE`", it works.

But, if I try a request like "dDocName <substring>`HOW_TO_REACH`<AND> dDocType <matches> `DYNAMIC_PAGE`", it fails.

But if I try a request like "dDocName <substring>`ADVANTAGES`<AND> dDocType <matches> `DYNAMIC_PAGE`", it works.

I do not understand at all why it is not working in same cases.

I modified the configuration variables by adding "AdditionalEscapeChars=_:#".
    I rebuilt my indexes, but, it is not working correctly.

Do you have any ideas ?

Regards

Pierre

2. pperee

pperee Active Member

Hi,

We are in the migration process of our Wbecenter from 10G to 11g.

We have an issue with the search engine.

Previously, we had "DATABASE.FULLTEXT" with another component "OracleCaseInsensitiveSearch".

Now, in 11g, with "DATABASE.FULLTEXT", it seems there is no case insensitive management.

So, I tried to use OracleTextSearch as search engine, but I am facing with issues.

To be honest, I do not understand at all on the search engine is working.
    I have a lot of trouble when I am querying on the Content ID.

The content ids are like "HOW_TO_REACH_FR, ...".
    If I try a request like "dDocName <contains>`HOW`<AN> dDocType <matches> `DYNAMIC_PAGE`", the system returns all the documents with type "DYNAMIC_PAGE" without taking the criteria on the dDocName into account.
    But, if I try a request like "dDocName <contains>`HOW_TO_REACH`<AND> dDocType <matches> `DYNAMIC_PAGE`", it works.

But, if I try a request like "dDocName <substring>`HOW_TO_REACH`<AND> dDocType <matches> `DYNAMIC_PAGE`", it fails.

But if I try a request like "dDocName <substring>`ADVANTAGES`<AND> dDocType <matches> `DYNAMIC_PAGE`", it works.

I do not understand at all why it is not working in same cases.

I modified the configuration variables by adding "AdditionalEscapeChars=_:#".
    I rebuilt my indexes, but, it is not working correctly.

Do you have any ideas ?

Regards

Pierre

3. dcell59

dcell59 Forum Advisor

What does "dDocName <contains> `HOW`" return?

4. pperee

pperee Active Member

Here are some examples and the corresponding results :

"dDocName <contains>`HOW`<AND> dDocType <matches> `DYNAMIC_PAGE`" -> Returns all the documents with type DYNAMIC_PAGE

"dDocName <contains>`HOW*`<AND> dDocType <matches> `DYNAMIC_PAGE`" -> Returns nothing

"dDocName <contains>`HOW%`<AND> dDocType <matches> `DYNAMIC_PAGE`" -> Returns nothing

"dDocName <contains>`HOW_TO`<AND> dDocType <matches> `DYNAMIC_PAGE`" -> Returns all the documents with type DYNAMIC_PAGE

"dDocName <contains>`HOW_TO_REACH`<AND> dDocType <matches> `DYNAMIC_PAGE`" -> Returns the good document (HOW_TO_REACH_FR for example)

5. dcell59

dcell59 Forum Advisor

I wanted to know what the first one returns without the dDocType matching. I've never quite understood the "<contains>" predicate in UCM. It seems like it does something different than a substring match.