1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

WAR file will not start in content manager

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by mikeWilliamson, Jul 31, 2009.

1. I am trying to run a web app on the content managers internal tomcat server. I already have two apps that run fine. I am trying to get a third app running but am having problems. After I check the war file in and try to start it in the JSP Web App Administration Page I get the following message.

Content Server Request Failed
    csJspServerErrorAddWebAppService Failed to add context /ecm/groups/jsp/@jsp/documents/war/equipnofinder. Unable to execute service method 'addContext'.
    [ Details ]
    intradoc.common.ServiceException: !csJspServerErrorAddContext,/ecm/groups/jsp/@jsp/documents/war/equipnofinder!csUnableToExecMethod,addContext
    at intradoc.server.jsp.JspServiceHandler.addContext(JspServiceHandler.java:152)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
    at intradoc.common.IdcMethodHolder.invokeMethod(ClassHelperUtils.java:461)
    at intradoc.common.ClassHelperUtils.executeMethodReportStatus(ClassHelperUtils.java:142)
    at intradoc.server.ServiceHandler.executeAction(ServiceHandler.java:75)
    at intradoc.server.Service.doCodeEx(Service.java:488)
    at intradoc.server.Service.doCode(Service.java:470)
    at intradoc.server.ServiceRequestImplementor.doAction(ServiceRequestImplementor.java:1350)
    at intradoc.server.Service.doAction(Service.java:450)
    at intradoc.server.ServiceRequestImplementor.doActions(ServiceRequestImplementor.java:1191)
    at intradoc.server.Service.doActions(Service.java:445)
    at intradoc.server.ServiceRequestImplementor.executeActions(ServiceRequestImplementor.java:1111)
    at intradoc.server.Service.executeActions(Service.java:431)
    at intradoc.server.ServiceRequestImplementor.doRequest(ServiceRequestImplementor.java:632)
    at intradoc.server.Service.doRequest(Service.java:1709)
    at intradoc.server.ServiceManager.processCommand(ServiceManager.java:357)
    at intradoc.server.IdcServerThread.run(IdcServerThread.java:195)
    Caused by: intradoc.common.ServiceException: !csJspServerErrorAddContext,/ecm/groups/jsp/@jsp/documents/war/equipnofinder!csUnableToExecMethod,addContext
    at intradoc.server.jsp.JspProvider.addContext(JspProvider.java:391)
    at intradoc.server.jsp.JspServiceHandler.addContext(JspServiceHandler.java:116)
    ... 19 more

This message is unhelpfully to say the least. Is there anyway I can get a better error message that tells me what the problem is?

2. gagandeeparneja

gagandeeparneja Active Member

Hi, I have the exact same issue on my local content server... did you manage to get around it ?
    Any pointers would be helpful

3. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

I found it helpful as it clearly states

Unable to execute service method 'addContext'.

You have been successful with this same operation twice before; have you checked the available memory on the server to see if sufficient resources still exist? If not, why not? That would be my first investigation since this has successfully completed two prior times.

4. gagandeeparneja

gagandeeparneja Active Member

For me, it never worked before ! Could you throw some light on what the error means... I am clueless!