1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Waiting on Offer Letter from Oracle for BDC

Discussion in 'Interview Discussions' started by vigs4321, Mar 15, 2012.

1. vigs4321

vigs4321 Active Member

Hi All,

I am currently waiting on official job offer letter 2 weeks the background check and starting to get a bit "ancey". I have tried to reach out to the recruiter to avail. and the hiring manager is traveling.

Is there anyone I can contact to check status? irecruitment still has an active application under the job I applied for.

2. Abhi001

Abhi001 Active Member

@vigs4321: have you received the offer letter yet from Oracle, how long did it take for you buddy?

I cleared all the rounds of interview in the starting week of March, and the HR lady gave me a verbal offer, after which they initiated the Background check. The position is for Product Development & IT team based in Bangalore. Thereafter I received an email from them stating that they have finished the Background check. Its been nearly 7 weeks and still no signs of an official offer letter from their end. Whenever I try to contact them, either the HR personnel is travelling or they say its "approvals" that is taking time.

any idea whats the waiting time to get into this firm? Dont know whether to look somewhere else.

any inputs will be much appreciated.

cheers,
    abhi

3. vigs4321

vigs4321 Active Member

I have not recieved anything yet. I got an email from the VP two weeks ago stating they are going to the fiscal budget process now and she be getting something soon thereafter but who knows. Its been 2.5 months since the verbal offer.

4. Abhi001

Abhi001 Active Member

Hi vigz4321,

Thanks for your reply, I received my offer letter in around 8 weeks time.

I hope this helps.

cheers,
    abhi

5. Raks

Raks Guest

Hi Abhi,

One more info. Its has been more than 6 weeks, since I cleared Oracle interview and 10 days since, I got a mail saying that my background verification got completed. I have been trying to get in touch with the HR but, no luck.

Can you let me know, how much time did it take for you to get the offer OR hear from HR after your background verification got completed?

Thanks!
    raks.

6. Abhi001

Abhi001 Active Member

Hi Raks,

Exactly 2 weeks after I received an email from Background Verification Team.

cheers,
    abhi

7. Anony

Anony Active Member

Hello Guys,

I was given verbal offer on 23rd May... and Background verification process initiation mail on June 4th which is not yet completed even till today July 6th,2012. Any updates how much time BGV process takes to complete. and my offer as per HR is still in approval process. It has been around 2 months waiting with no specific positive output. It is in progress as two months back.

Thanks for putting and sharing the info on this forum...

8. Rohan.85

Rohan.85 Guest

Hi Friends,

I had a verbal offer on 30th April 2012. My BGV started on 1st May 2012. I received the BGV process completion mail on 7th June 2012. After that I have just been waiting for the offer letter to arrive. Any guidance will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

9. rishit

rishit Active Member

Same Situation here..,
    I was given verbal offer on 5th june, Background verification process initiation mail on June 8th, which is not yet completed even till today July 19th 2012. Any updates how much time BGV process takes to complete. and my offer as per HR is still in approval process.
    if any guidance please let me knw...,

10. Anony

Anony Active Member

Hey Rishit and Rohan,

Were u there on recent call with VP 'Marc' last week on August 13th 2012 ? I think I heard and remember ur name. Please update once you receive offer letter or any update from Oracle HR.

I am waiting for Offer letter since 3 months now :(
    Thanks and ur reply is much appreciated..

Thanks,,
    anony

11. mohitk

mohitk Active Member

Hi Guys, Did anyone get offer letter in last few days. I have been waiting for nearly 3 months now.

12. joshi

joshi Active Member

Hello Guys,

I was given verbal offer from Oracle B'lore on 9th May 2012... Background verification process completion mail on 16th June. Any updates how much time for Offer letter process takes to complete after BVP completion and my offer as per Hiring Manager is still in approval process.
    It has been around 3+ months waiting for Offer Letter :(

Thanks and Any guidance will be highly appreciated.

13. joshi

joshi Active Member

Hi Mohit,

Did u check with HR or Hiring manager, what exactly taking time for offering the Letter.

Thanks
    Joshi

14. mohitk

mohitk Active Member

Yes, they say its still waiting for approval... god knows what they are waiting for ... as on the other hand they assure that it will surely come.
    3 months and counting....

Any pointers from your end will really help...

15. joshi

joshi Active Member

I asked 3 weeks ago to my hiring manger, he said it will take few weeks more and its not only me, others are also waiting for the offer letter.
    If u get any updates or written offer,please do let me know.

16. joshi

joshi Active Member

As per "Abhi", he says waiting for offer more than 7 weeks from BGV and then in next reply he says got the offer 2 weeks from BGV mail..really surprising, which one to believe.

17. mohitk

mohitk Active Member

yes they say few weeks but still there is no commitment on a possible approximate date. few of my acquaintances got it last week but that was for oracle hyd.

18. mohitk

mohitk Active Member

as far as i know there is no connection between BGV and offer approval process. They are completely delinked and parallel activities. So no use of checking that after how many days of BGV did a person get his offer.

19. mohitk

mohitk Active Member

guys any updates for anyone...joshi, rishit , rohan , vigz,raks, mr anony... :)

20. Jonny

Jonny Active Member

Hi all,

This is getting really messy. I started my interview in November, got a verbal offer 1st week of February after 8 rounds of interview and still waiting for official offer letter. The story is still waiting for approval from corporate. Do I still have this job? Though it is for a senior level job and what I really needed. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Jonny