1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Viewing site developed in site studio

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by lberkefeld, Aug 31, 2009.

1. lberkefeld

lberkefeld Active Member

Hi. I am trying to build a new site for the first time.

I have created the connection, built the hierarchy and an example template and everything seems to have worked fine.

However, when I go to preview the site in a browser (or even click the Preview tab in designer mode) I get the following error:
    "Not Found
    The requested object does not exist on this server. The link you followed is either outdated, inaccurate, or the server has been instructed not to let you have it. "

I have looked through all the doco I can find and I cant see that there is anything else I need to do to be able to preview the site?

We are having a memory issue at the moment on this machine so I am not sure if this is impacting but while I am waiting for that to get resolved if anyone could see if I am missing something obvious?

2. markH

markH Forum Advisor

The SSUrlMapPlugin may not have been copied to the needed directory. The SSUrlMapPlugin is a web filter plugin used for mapping Oracle Site Studio URLs. Microsoft IIS locks this file so this may not have been copied if you are using IIS.

The SSUrlMapPlugin is located in the SiteStudio component installation directory depending on your OS. In windows this file can be found in the <content server install dir>/custom/SiteStudio/support/win32 directory.

To install or re-install SSUrlMapPlugin

1. Stop the content server and the web server.
    2. Add the SSUrlMapPlugin.dll to the <install-dir>\shared\os\win32\libdirectory.
    3. Rename the file SSUrlMapPlugin-<instance-name>.dll (where <instancename>
    is your content server instance).
    Note: If there is an existing SSUrlMapPlugin.dll, replace it with this version.
    4. Start the content server and the web server.

3. lberkefeld

lberkefeld Active Member

Thanks for that - appreciate the help. Just one question - I've been able to view other sites in the past on this server using site studio so is it likely that this the above suggestion is the cause in light of that? ie. could the above cause issues with just one site?

Or is it more likely that it is tied up with the memory issue etc that we are experiencing.

4. markH

markH Forum Advisor

Well it could happen if you upgraded. It's highly unlikely that you are getting URL translation error for memory problems. Did you try and copy the SSUrlMapPlugin file?