1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Utl_file

Discussion in 'Server Administration and Options' started by prashant, Jan 5, 2010.

1. prashant

prashant Forum Advisor

Hi,

Can anyone please tell me if there is a way to change file 'OWNERSHIP' using UTL_FILE.

By default the ownership is 'oracle' os user, i would like to change just the owner and not group. Please let me know if this is possible.

Platform : HPUX/AIX
    DB Version : 10.2.0.4

Regards,
    Prashant

2. debasisdas

debasisdas Active Member

Pleases find the complete list of all the methods of UTL_FILE here.

3. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

You asked this same question almost two weeks ago in the SQL-PL/SQL forum; the answer you received there was 'No' and it has not changed. UTL_FILE is a utility to READ FROM and WRITE TO files, and it does provide a procedure to RENAME a file. Nothing in the UTL_FILE package allows for privilege manipulation or changing ownership of the written file. Since the database software is owned by 'oracle' in most installations this is the user account which will own all files written by UTL_FILE. THERE IS NO WAY TO CHANGE THIS THROUGH ANY PROCEDURE OR FUNCTION OF THE UTL_FILE PACKAGE. Regardless of how many times you ask the question the answer you want will never be delivered.