1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Using logmnr how to ?

Discussion in 'Security, Backup and Recovery' started by mrD, Sep 18, 2015.

1. mrD

mrD Starter

Hi everyone, I have some questions about Logmine. Can everyone help me?

I have 20 archive log file in archivelog directory, but I use bellow query to get information for that files

SELECT

name, to_char(first_time,'hh24:mi:ss DD-MON-YY') "first_time", to_char(completion_time,'hh24:mi:ss DD-MON-YY') "completion_time", dictionary_begin, dictionary_end

FROM

v$archived_log

WHERE

name IS NOT NULL

/* AND first_time BETWEEN '06-SEP-2015 00:00:00' and '17-SEP-2015 10:30:00' */

--and SEQUENCE# between 113 and 122

ORDER BY

first_time desc ;

I get one file position 20 have field dictionary_begin = yes. But, I don’t want add all them to logmnr to analyze.

1. How I can add 10 file (case 1: 10 file no have field dictionary_begin = yes, case2: 10 file have 1 file have dictionary_begin = yes).How I can do that?

2. When and how to the dictionary_begin field have ‘yes’

2. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

Please read here:

https://dfitzjarrell.wordpress.com/2008/10/31/workin-in-the-mines/

This should give you examples of how to use the utility and how to add logfiles manually or automatically. It also doesn't matter if dictionary_begin and dictionary_end are NO, DBMS_LOGMNR will use them anyway and return data to the Log Miner views.

mrD likes this.
  3. mrD

mrD Starter

thank so much! david