1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Uploading the same File multiple Times

Discussion in 'Site Announcements and Feedback' started by Ramji, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Folks,

The administrators are giving you a free service and their valuable time. This should be respected.Kindly do not upload the same document repeatedly and increase their work.

A user has now uploaded the Purchasing R12 Oracle Doc twice in a gap of 27 minutes. If you have something useful to share please do. Uploading stuff for the sake of it needs to be avoided.
    cheers
    Ramji:cool:

2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hi Ramji

Many thanks for the note. I have fallen back on clearing the Documents section due to a very lack of time. The Doc section was last cleaned up about a month ago (where all duplicates, useless docs were deleted.) I intend to repeat the same exercise very soon and will delete the useless files uploaded in the last one month.

In spite of repeated warnings and guidelines on upload, people are still just trying to bypass the system. We now allow people to freely download 2 Documents (per day), without uploading anything. Only if they want to download a 3rd Doc, are they required to upload. Still I am seeing lots of people downloading dozens of files and uploading a junk. I wonder how all these folks will feel if we made the document sharing service paid! I DO NOT want to do that, but it seems in the long term, that's the only solution.

Ramji likes this.
  3. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Sadikbhai,

In our culture Knowledge Sharing is an institution which has been corrupted in modern times by commercial exploitation of the same. The advent of the internet is largely responsible for people from the third world getting access to areas which were out of reach in the 80's up until the early 90's.

There are donkeys selling Oracle Student guides at USD19.99 and above and a lot of sites which promote plagiarism for money. IMHO we should keep this revolution going without corruption.
    Best Rgds
    Ramji

Bharat, Sadik and kiran.marla like this.
  4. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

Thanks Ramji.

I will do a Doc section cleanup in a couple of week's time, once I get some free time.