1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

universal installer stops at 2% extracting files oracle 10g enterprise

Discussion in 'Installation - Windows' started by iansane, Oct 8, 2010.

1. iansane

iansane Active Member

Hi,

I am a student and am trying to install oracle 10g enterprise from an evaluation CD.

No matter what options I choose the universal installer always freezes at 2% when extracting files.

I'm installing on a Windows XP Pro OS with 2.5GB RAM, 3.4Ghz P4 CPU, 2GB virtual RAM, 40GB storage space. The system passes all the system checks.

I've tried copying all the CD contents to a temp directory and installing from there. I've tried as both Administrator and as a user with admin rights. I've tried with each of 3 hard drives that are present.

I can't figure out what is happening. It just sits there with no cpu or hard drive activity at 2%

Thanks for any suggestions to get past this.

2. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

You're not going to like what I'm about to write but you should probably go to www.oracle.com and download fresh copies of the 10gR2 installation files and work from those.

iansane likes this.
  3. iansane

iansane Active Member

Thanks David.

Sorry for wasting your time but I did exactly that just before coming back to check this post.

The install went through without any problems with the downloaded files.

I thought I had to have the cd in order to get full use for evaluation but it's the same files that are in the download so it was kinda a waste of resources to make the cd instead of just providing a link to the download in the book.

Thanks for your help and sorry again for not trying the download before posting.