1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Uninstalling oracle database 10g from windows

Discussion in 'Installation - Windows' started by juan, Dec 22, 2008.

1. juan

juan Active Member

is it possible to uninstall oracle database by just deleting the oracle folder? actually by mistake i installed the oracle database 10g on my windows XP laptop when i actually wanted to install the 10g client. i later installed oracle client on my laptop and now i am left with two oracle homes! any suggestions?

2. apps_expert

apps_expert Forum Expert

deleting the oracle folder is no method to unistall oracle. You need to start the oracle universal installer and browse through your installed products and choose which ones to uninstall.

Still oracle universal installer has been quite notorious in uninstallation from windows. If something goes wrong, search through metalink. I assure you, u won't be the first person facing problems un-installing ;)

3. simply_dba

simply_dba Forum Advisor

Uninstalling is the safest way, deleting is the best way if you have full knowledge of what oui does while installing.

4. rajavu

rajavu Forum Guru

Oracle doesn't recommend deleting Files . Just wondering who will have full knowledge of what oui does while installing.

Oracle recommends de-installation using OUI.

5. rajavu

rajavu Forum Guru

Anyway there are Manual steps available in the net for the same like this

Execute these step at your own risk :)