1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Uninstall Oracle UCM

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by syed, Oct 2, 2009.

1. syed

syed Active Member

Hi Sadik,

I am having problems making my content server up and running. I am unable to install the components which displays this message "The database table list was empty using a catalog of'(null)' and schema'UCM' you may need to configure the database schema explicitly using the configuration entry DatabaseSchemaName'

and If I try to start the iDC content service it says could not start the IDC local service on the local computer:error1064An exception error occured in the service when handling the control request"

I guess I might have made a mistake, sio I thought I ll reinstall. But how do I uninstall?

2. ah.yasar

ah.yasar Active Member

hi syed..

I guess you are using linux OS ..
    I too had some problems whlie installing ucm for the first time..
    For uninstalling, all you have to do is close all the services ( webserver-apache, database, ucm etc ) and then directly delete the ucm folder ..

Restart your system to free the ports ( which were being used previously ) and then install a fresh copy of ucm accordingle ..

regards
    -yasar

3. syed

syed Active Member

Thank you yassar !