1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Unable to delete security group

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by vibecy, Mar 19, 2010.

1. vibecy

vibecy Active Member

Hi all,

I am trying to delete a void security group from UCM and I get the following error:

Unable to execute service DELETE_GROUP and function callPluginFilter. (System Error: The service method 'callPluginFilter' is not defined.)

I made sure that the group does not contain any roles.

Any ideas why?

Edit: I tried removing it from SecurityGroups View as well, but it hasn't disappear from the "Security by Groups" list.

2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

This seems like a BUG with the Oracle Database, Could you post the Content Server Log for this error.

Anyhow try this first,

1. Verify that the following configuration entries are commented out in the config.cfg if they exist:
      Code (Text):
      #qvOrclCompSortOrder=BINARY_CI
      #qvOrclCompType=LINGUISTIC
    2. Restart the Content Server service: IDC Content Service <Instance Name>
    3. Restart the database services: OracleServiceORCL (Where ORCL is the schema name), OracleOraDb10g_home1TNSListner
    4. Test deleting the Security Group
    5. You can re-enable the configuration entries once the Security Group has been successfully added.

vibecy likes this.
  3. williamsmith

williamsmith Guest

I am working in Software developing company....I also have the same problem....Please help me about that ....

4. vibecy

vibecy Active Member

Hi williamsmith,

If I remember correctly (I am away from a UCM instance right now), I went to Configuration Manager -> Views, selected the security groups view and deleted it from there manually.

When I went back to User Administration, the entry was still there, but as soon as I tried adding a RWD permission role to the group, the group deleted itself thus removing it from the interface.

Weird bugs :)