1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Unable To Convert From ''Utf-8'' To ''646'' For Nls!

Discussion in 'Installation - Unix and Unix Like' started by UnixGuru, Jan 27, 2009.

1. UnixGuru

UnixGuru Active Member

Hi guys

This thing is really frustrating me off. I have been assigned to install oracle database 10.2.0.1 on a Sun solaris 10 server. No When I am trying to start the OUI included with the package, I get the following error:

This seems like a solaris only issue as I had previously installed from the same package on a linux machine. Do you guys have any clue?

Thanks

2. tyro

tyro Forum Genius

hmmmm convert from "UTF-8" to "646"? are you trying to install or upgrade?

3. UnixGuru

UnixGuru Active Member

soorry tyro, my mistake, it's installation of installation of a Database Patchset

4. professional

professional Active Member

we had a similar issue at one time, don't know why u r going for 10.2.0.1 though. Basically the cause is that Solaris packages SUNWuiu8 and SUNWulcf need to be installed. You should refer to Metalink Note no. 290034.1 where this issue is discussed at detail.

5. UnixGuru

UnixGuru Active Member

thanks you professional sir, i followed the metalink note and that exactly resolved our issue.