1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

UCM Typeahead Component and batch check-in without WebDAV

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by vibecy, Jan 25, 2010.

1. vibecy

vibecy Active Member

Hi everyone,

I need your help answering these questions:

I have a request from a client regarding an upcoming implementation of UCM.

1. There is a requirement for a TypeAhead component, so that the user just starts typing something and results are shown below matching his/her query as he/she types. (Suggestive Search). I have located a relevant posting on Oracle Forums here but I don't have time to write a component, nor I have access to Olympus/Stellent.

2. Another requirement is batch check-in of scanned images into a single check-in (like scanning a book and checking it in as one entry), without the use of WebDAV for this. It is vital that entries can both be batch checked in and also to appear as one entity. Is anyone aware of a component that's able to do that?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    vibecy

2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hi Vibecy

I am afraid such a component is no available for point 1 & 2. In one of my implementations I too required a Type-ahead feature. We ended up creating a search button which queried according to user entry and showed results on a Pop-up page.

For Point 2 you can look at another oracle product called Oracle Document capture, which integrates with UCM seamlessly.

3. vibecy

vibecy Active Member

Hi Sadik,

A more specific followup for question #2, as my requirement was possibly not very clear:

My client has already scanned their files into JPEG format - what I need is a kind of interface that allows multiple items to be checked in without using the "Check-in Similar" button, nor WebDAV copy/paste.

Regards,
    vibecy