1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

UCM Query Folders

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by guliflower, Apr 4, 2010.

1. guliflower

guliflower Active Member

Hi everybody,

my Query Folders do not work, giving the following error message

Content Server Request Failed
    Unable to execute service method 'getMaxCollectionDisplayRows'. (System Error: Runtime error: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at collections.CollectionUserHandler.getMaxCollectionDisplayRows(CollectionUserHandler.java:5211)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor50.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
    at intradoc.common.IdcMethodHolder.invokeMethod(ClassHelperUtils.java:466)
    at intradoc.common.ClassHelperUtils.executeMethodReportStatus(ClassHelperUtils.java:142)
    at intradoc.server.ServiceHandler.executeAction(ServiceHandler.java:77)
    at intradoc.server.Service.doCodeEx(Service.java:490)
    at intradoc.server.Service.doCode(Service.java:472)
    at intradoc.server.ServiceRequestImplementor.doAction(ServiceRequestImplementor.java:1353)
    at intradoc.server.Service.doAction(Service.java:452)
    at intradoc.server.ServiceRequestImplementor.doActions(ServiceRequestImplementor.java:1194)
    at intradoc.server.Service.doActions(Service.java:447)
    at intradoc.server.ServiceRequestImplementor.executeActions(ServiceRequestImplementor.java:1114)
    at intradoc.server.Service.executeActions(Service.java:433)
    at intradoc.server.ServiceRequestImplementor.doRequest(ServiceRequestImplementor.java:635)
    at intradoc.server.Service.doRequest(Service.java:1707)
    at intradoc.server.ServiceManager.processCommand(ServiceManager.java:359)
    at intradoc.server.IdcServerThread.run(IdcServerThread.java:197))
    [ Details ]
    The service stack for this request is
    --COLLECTION_DISPLAY (**no captured values**)
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at collections.CollectionUserHandler.getMaxCollectionDisplayRows(CollectionUserHandler.java:5211)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor50.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
    at intradoc.common.IdcMethodHolder.invokeMethod(ClassHelperUtils.java:466)
    at intradoc.common.ClassHelperUtils.executeMethodReportStatus(ClassHelperUtils.java:142)
    at intradoc.server.ServiceHandler.executeAction(ServiceHandler.java:77)
    at intradoc.server.Service.doCodeEx(Service.java:490)
    at intradoc.server.Service.doCode(Service.java:472)
    at intradoc.server.ServiceRequestImplementor.doAction(ServiceRequestImplementor.java:1353)
    at intradoc.server.Service.doAction(Service.java:452)
    at intradoc.server.ServiceRequestImplementor.doActions(ServiceRequestImplementor.java:1194)
    at intradoc.server.Service.doActions(Service.java:447)
    at intradoc.server.ServiceRequestImplementor.executeActions(ServiceRequestImplementor.java:1114)
    at intradoc.server.Service.executeActions(Service.java:433)
    at intradoc.server.ServiceRequestImplementor.doRequest(ServiceRequestImplementor.java:635)
    at intradoc.server.Service.doRequest(Service.java:1707)
    at intradoc.server.ServiceManager.processCommand(ServiceManager.java:359)
    at intradoc.server.IdcServerThread.run(IdcServerThread.java:197)

Do you have any idea, what could be the reason?

In the Oracle Admin_folders_webdav10 guide the only mentioning of folders says: "Query folders are supported only for use with Check Out and OPern, and not for other purposes." So then I realised that they are acturally working from virtual folder interface (file system). I didn't find anywhere an answer so far, is that normal that they do not work on web interface.
    And another problem I had encountered, when setting the query folders was that those fields that are part of global rules do not appear on the query form at all ( when configuring the query folder).
    And one more unpleasant thing is in the query folder itself, the name of the file starts with "[dContentID]FileName" , do you know if there is a way to get rid of this [dContentID].

Thank you a lot!

My thanks.

2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

HI

Sorry for late response. Oracle is very clear about what is the purpose of My Query Folders:

Btw what is it that you actually want to do for which you need the My Query Folders?

3. guliflower

guliflower Active Member

Thank you very much for the response.
    But still I dont get it whether it is normal that "My Query Folders" is visible on the browser interface, but when clicking on it it returns a long Java error statement, though on the other hand it works in the WebDav interface.

At the same time the Check out and Open is available through the browser interface as well.
    Speaking of this, I just tried the CheckOutAndOpen functionality, and have found out that I despite the fact that I can open the file, I am not able to save changes. Could it be that I am using MSOffice2007?

As for the Query folders - I am now working on general concept of how it is better to organize documents in the content server, i.e. when to use folders, when query folders, when queries, etc. Do youn know if any general best practices exist? What I am doing now is trying to learn all standard and available component functionality and trying to build a meaningful model of how we are gonna use the system.

And may be you know what to do with this: