1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

UCM Project File not updated after checkin

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by GMAN11980, Dec 30, 2010.

1. GMAN11980

GMAN11980 Active Member

We have an Oracle UCM system that drives our website. We modify our site code using site studio in our dev environment. Up to about 2 months ago, we were using the Archiver to deploy the project code to our staging server and ultimately our production UCM server.

The archiver says that all of the files were transferred without error. After checking all of the files, I found that the site project file indicated it was transferred but the content did not change.

I have tried to do a checkin of the file. The checkin indicated that it was successful but the content still did not change.

Any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2. GMAN11980

GMAN11980 Active Member

This problem was self inflicted and wanted to close the loop on this for others in this forum.

With the help of Oracle support, here is the solution:

The problem was that I was trying to archive a Site Studio project file from a dev server to a production server. According to the Archive applet, the transfer was successful but the project file content did not change.

First, there is a setting in Site Studio called: File\Site\Advanced\Enable Section Level replication. This being selected in itself did not cause the issue but was causing some behavior that caused me to remove versions of the project file on the target system.

The target system had a higher version number than the source system. This is why the content did not change.

By removing the higher version number from the target system and resetting the server, I was able to see the new project file changes.

Sadik likes this.
  3. luisrojas

luisrojas Active Member

Hi.

I have a similar problem, i´did content migration from UCM 11.1.1 to WCC 11.1.1.7, after making several modificatins in the configuration i see that After migration my sites do not show the last change, what is the problem?

I did what I suggest in the post but I still see my changes in the sites. If i do some change in structure i see the change but i not see changes in content how image, css, js, and so on.

Help me, Thanks.

Regards.