1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

UCM Installation Linux

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by ericb, Apr 26, 2010.

1. ericb

ericb Active Member

Venlo, The Netherlands
    I have some issues with installing Oracle UCM on a Linux server (Oracle Enterprise Linux). I am not very experienced in the Linux area.

I have installed an Oracle 11g database. Then I installed apache as user root. Apache was started as expected. Then I installed Oracle UCM as Linux-user oracle. This is the same user I used for installing Oracle. During installation I have chosen the option Aache for webserver.

After installation I got a strange error, like the webserver could not find my UCM weblayout directory.

Then I installed Apache as user oracle. But then I could not start Apache. The port 80 could not be used.

Has anyone experience with installing Oracle UCM and Apache on Linux? Do I have to install Apache as user root or as user Oracle?
  2. Okky

Okky Active Member

Hi ericb,

I think you have to install Apache Web Server using root account like before, since only root can access port numbers below 1024. Try installing Oracle UCM using user other than root or oracle. Have you done configuring the Apache config?

LoadModule IdcApacheAuth [Webserver_Filters_Path]/IdcApache2Auth.so
    IdcUserDB [Master_Instance] "[User_Data_Dir_Path]/userdb.txt"
    Alias /[Rel._URL_To_Master] "[Path_To_Master_Webl.]"
    <Location /[Rel._URL_To_Master]>
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
    DirectoryIndex portal.htm
    IdcSecurity [Master_Instance]

Hope it helps!