1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

UCM Archiver Issue - Bug or "Feature"?

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by vibecy, Oct 20, 2009.

1. vibecy

vibecy Active Member

Hi again,

I have a weird issue with the Archiver functionality. I have a production server and a disaster server, with archives being pushed automatically from production to disaster.

Everything works flowlessly; If I check in a file and/or folder on production,it gets replicated on disaster.

The issue I have is that after checking in a file on production (and replication takes place to disaster), and try to delete the file, the deletion does NOT take place on disaster. The "junk" file stays on the disaster server.

Is there any remedy on how to automatically delete the deleted file from the disaster server when I delete it on the production server? I could not locate something in the UCM Documentation.

Thanks,
    vibecy

2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

I am guessing that you are using Archiver and have the Automatic Transfer/Replication process enabled. That does not delete documents from archive. It only transfers/replicates.

3. vibecy

vibecy Active Member

Hi Sadik,

You are correct in your assumptions. So what way should I follow for automatic deletion - if there is a way that is?

Thanks,
    vibecy