1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

UCM and Java Error

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by andre.almeida, Jan 22, 2009.

1. andre.almeida

andre.almeida Active Member

I have this error when I'm trying to start the Content Server:
    System code execution error. Java heap space

Sounds like a JVM error or something like that. Anyone has faced with this error?
    The log files show me:

Failed to initialize the server. Unable to initialize the system provider 'SystemDatabase'. Unable to initialize the database 'SystemDatabase'. Unable to load driver oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver. oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver Unable to initialize the database 'SystemDatabase'. Unable to load driver oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver. oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver Unable to load driver oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver. oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver [ Details ]
    A fatal error has occurred. The stack trace below shows more information.

!csFailedToInitServer!csProviderUnableToInitialize,SystemDatabase!csDbUnableToInitalize,SystemDatabase!csProviderUnableToLoadDriver,oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver!$oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver!csDbUnableToInitalize,SystemDatabase!csProviderUnableToLoadDriver,oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver!$oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver!csProviderUnableToLoadDriver,oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver!$oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver
    intradoc.common.ServiceException: !csProviderUnableToInitialize,SystemDatabase!csDbUnableToInitalize,SystemDatabase!csProviderUnableToLoadDriver,oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver!$oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver
    at intradoc.server.IdcSystemLoader.loadProviders(IdcSystemLoader.java:1949)
    at intradoc.server.IdcSystemLoader.initProviders(IdcSystemLoader.java:1729)

and show me too:

IdcAdmin: Event generated by user 'sysadmin' at host 'ferrous-temp2'. Unable to alter the process. Unable to execute action 'start' on server 'ucm'. Please check the error logs for a full description of the error. [ Details ]
    An error has occurred. The stack trace below shows more information.

!$IdcAdmin: !csUserEventMessage,sysadmin,ferrous-temp2!$!csAdminUnableToAlterProcess!csAdminUnableToExecAction,start,ucm
    intradoc.common.ServiceException: !csAdminUnableToAlterProcess!csAdminUnableToExecAction,start,ucm
    at intradoc.server.ServiceRequestImplementor.buildServiceException(ServiceRequestImplementor.java:1742)
    at intradoc.server.Service.buildServiceException(Service.java:1997)
    at intradoc.server.Service.createServiceExceptionEx(Service.java:1991)
    at intradoc.server.Service.createServiceException(Service.java:1986)
    at intradoc.admin.AdminService.alterProcess(AdminService.java:206)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

Thanks,

André Almeida

2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

Obviously this means the IDC service is unable to connect to the database. Is the oracle service started? if yes are able to connect to the database regualrly with sqlplus or toad etc? Try restarting oracle service and then see what happens.

3. andre.almeida

It's all OK. I can connect with sqlplus.
    Thd DB is in one PC and the CS is on another .

4. andre.almeida

We gonna have this message in debug.log file:

d/os/win32/jdk1.5.0_11/lib/tools.jar" -Xmx1024m -Xms256m -XX:MaxNewSize=24m -XX:NewSize=24m IdcServerNT
    LAUNCHER_SOURCE_EXECUTABLE undefined
    exporting ControllingExePath=d:\ucm\server\bin\IdcServerNT.exe
    exported
    starting service
    exporting SHUTDOWN_MUTEX_NAME=ucm-shutdown-904
    mutexLockThread started.
    exported
    Created mutext ucm-shutdown-904.
    mutexLockThread acquired lock.
    Starting the service....................................
    Startup timeout occurred.
    Error occurred in startup.
    Terminating mutex lock thread.
    Terminated thread.
    Line 797: ControlService() failed.
    Error 183: Cannot create a file when that file already exists.

Forcibly terminating the process.

5. Sadik

These lines are giving some clues. obviously a timeout is occuring when attempting to start the content server. Is your content server installed on windows server or linux server? this looks like some sort of permission issue. Were you ever able to start the content server or is this the first time you are attempting to start? If it's the first time. there might have been some problems in the installation.

if it was starting fine before then did you make any changes in the configuration? try rebooting the server and restarting all services.

6. andre.almeida

I restart all the services several times. I'm administrator of this PC. Man i've tried all the possibliities and nothing works. Very weird...

7. Sadik

hi, were you ever able to start CS on this PC? i mean is this error occuring now or ever since you installed. When you installed did you get any warnings? Please post your <stellent>/bin/intradoc.cfg file here. I have a feeling your CLASSPATH for the database is not defined.

Make the CLASSPATH line in the file <stellent>/bin/intradoc.cfg look like the following

CLASSPATH=$COMPUTEDCLASSPATH;$SHAREDDIR/classes/jtds.jar

Secondly, the user with which UCM is trying to connect to the database, can you connect to the database yourself as that user? let me know both these things.

8. andre.almeida

One of my errors was fixed.
    It was because the SimpleProfiles component.
    We have a bunch of profiles, about 70 profiles created with this component and the performance of UCM was very, very slow.
    When I uninstall this component, the performance back to the normal and the services start normally.
    I've found in Metalink about a patch SimpleProfilesDefaultsFix but the Metalink don't show me the link for download.

9. Sadik

hi, like i mentioned in the other thread. That patch is not available to download unless you raise an SR with oracle.

10. andre.almeida

Doesn't make any sense Oracle do that.

11. Sadik

well maybe they want to phase out the patch... i don't know, there are a lot of things about UCM that are not freely available, like many components that existed previously with stellent.