1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Two types of fonts(English and Russian) in one Database at same time

Discussion in 'SQL PL/SQL' started by Jesthr, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Jesthr

Jesthr Active Member

Dear,

I am a programmer in Oracle PL / SQL in Oracle 10g
    I'd like to use the same time on one Database two types of fonts English and Russian (Cyrillic)
    Is this possible and how? NLS_LANG ?

Regards!

Hine

2. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

Re: I'd like to use the same time on one Database two types of fonts English and Russ

That depends upon the database character set in use. If the database was created with a UTF-8 character set then it should be possible to display either English or Russian characters. I have not seen any implementations using dual languages in one form or PL/SQL block.

3. Jesthr

Jesthr Active Member

Re: I'd like to use the same time on one Database two types of fonts English and Russ

Thanks,
    How should I set theNLS_LANG parameters for Oracle, it will be possible to have both type of the Alphabet (English) and Cyrillic (rusian) fonts

Regards!

Hine

4. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

Begin reading here:

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14225/ch6unicode.htm#g1014017

Please note that even though the database can support multiple languages it may not be possible to have two different languages displayed in the same block or form.