1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Triggers does not support long data type

Discussion in 'SQL PL/SQL' started by salmankhalid, Nov 25, 2010.

1. salmankhalid

salmankhalid Forum Advisor

Dear all
    I am facing a different scenario, as there is a column in my table whose data type is LONG, while writing a database level trigger I am facing problem that Database Level Triggers can’t support long data type the issue is this that I have to update the column through the database level trigger, kindly suggest me what should I do to update the record in this column through my database level trigger on the table
    Waiting for your earliest response

2. rajavu

rajavu Forum Guru

3. salmankhalid

salmankhalid Forum Advisor

Dear Rajavu
    do you think that the 2nd solution is the right solution of this problem, i mean to say that this is the last solution, is there any other way to resolve this problem as the option 1 is not feasible in my case i have already tried it according to my scenario

4. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

What errors, if any, did you receive when you called a procedure from the trigger? Show us your code for both so we can see what you've done and possibly provide solutions.