1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Transportable tablespace - impdp issue

Discussion in 'General' started by Suprith, May 20, 2010.

1. Suprith

Suprith Active Member

Hi guys,

I need to transport the tablespace from 32 bit environmet (32 bit Linux and 32 bit Oracle) to 64 bit environment (Both 64 bit) as I am migrating to 64 bit.
    I have exported the tablesapce from 32 bit linux machine using expdp command. But I am getting below error while trying to import it on 64 bit linux machine.

ORA-39002: invalid operation
    ORA-31694: master table "SYSTEM"."SYS_IMPORT_TRANSPORTABLE_01" failed to load/unload
    ORA-02354: error in exporting/importing data
    ORA-02373: Error parsing insert statement for table "SYSTEM"."SYS_IMPORT_TRANSPORTABLE_01".
    ORA-00904: "ORIGINAL_OBJECT_NAME": invalid identifier

Oracle version in 32 bit linux is : 11.1.0.7.0
    Oracle version in 64 bit linux is : 11.1.0.6.0
    Tablespace path in 32 bit mc was : /opt/oracleDBTable/tablespace/
    I have mounted this folder from 32 bit mc to same path on 64 bit mc using NFS.
    All tablespaces has been changed to read only and metadata file has been copied in binary mode to 64 bit mc.

I doubt if the difference in the oracle versions is the problem as im trying to import tablespace from higher version to lower version.
    However, I had given the version parameter while exporting the tablespace.

here is my export command used in 32 bit linux machine with oracle version 11.1.0.7.0
    expdp system/password@dbase DIRECTORY=expdp_dir DUMPFILE=expdat.dmp LOGFILE=exptb.log TRANSPORT_TABLESPACES = x,y,z version=11.1.0.6.0

Can anyone Pls help me in resolving this issue..

Regards,
    Suprith

2. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

You cannot transport a 32-bit tablespace into a 64-bit database. You will need to create the tablespace in the 64-bit database then use export/import to import the tables/data into the new tablespace.

3. Suprith

Suprith Active Member

Oracle supports inter platform tablespace transportation right.. Does it not include 32 bit to 64 bit transport on same OS ?

4. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

Cross-platform transport is supported but both systems must be running the same bit structure (32-bit goes to 32-bit, 64-bit goes to 64-bit). Oracle does not support transporting a 32-bit tablespace into a 64-bit database.

Suprith likes this.