1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Tools for manipulating Oracle Databases - colledge graduate work

Discussion in 'Oracle Forms and Reports' started by FiZor, Jun 17, 2010.

1. FiZor

FiZor Active Member

Greetings colleagues,

I need help about theme mentioned in title.
    Concrete, i am elaborating SQL Developer, PremiumSoft´s NAVICAT and QuestSoftware TOAD. Point of my graduate work is to compare these three tools, highlight their individual benefits and lacks, bugs.
    So, i opened post here because i want to make little research, because most of you worked with that tools, you are using them daily based, as I do it to, but, i want that my final conclusion is based on more then one(mine) oppinion, and results that i get here would be a reference for conclusion.
    Anyone who wants to help me, by posting his/her oppinion simply say few words about tools that are mentioned in this post. What you find important to highlight, your preference of some tool, short review, bugs that you found during your work etc.
    I will be very gratefull for your help, and surely, this post, thread, would be a reference in my work. Many thanks to you all, in advance!

Best regards,

Filip

2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hi Filip,

Personally I use TOAD for my usual work. I am briefly familiar with SQL Developer. If you want better perspective you need to highlight on what specific feature you want some feedback. Overall both SQL Developer and TOAD are great tools. Also you need to decide which versions of these softwares are you comparing, because it won't be fair to compare TOAD 8 with the latest version of SQL Developer.

3. FiZor

FiZor Active Member

I analyze in my work both tools, newest versions. I am interested in performance, concrete speed of processing actions, like migrating. Also, interested in some bugs that ppl found in both tools, I found some of them. Also, your oppinion about user interface, level of logical/ilogical order of tool options, quality of help engine for discovering errors, syntax support(example NAVICAT that doesn´t contain ELSIF) As u see, i want to create quite big, kind of review based on plenty experience.
    I worked with SQL Developer and NAVICAT, TOAD is tool that i must familiarize.
    Thank you very much!