1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Toad

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by harsha.g, Mar 2, 2011.

1. harsha.g

harsha.g Active Member

Hi Everyone,

Let me introduce my self, This is Harsha here working in an MNC as a CA product NSM administrator, But having an intension to move to the other domain.

I heard Toad is a good tool to learn and take an career in that. Please can any one suggest me how i could proceed to Toad or any other suggestions to move to any other platforms? How good is the Job market for Toad?

Your feedback most appreciable.

Regards,
    Harsha

2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hi Harsha, Welcome to the Forums...

TOAD is merely a tool that Oracle developers use to write PL/SQL code. What someone probably told you is that Oracle is a good career option, which undoubtedly it is. Like any other field, this requires education, experience and expertise.

3. harsha.g

harsha.g Active Member

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion , but I also want to know how to get started with?

I have some 2.5 Yrs exp so far but not into the TOAD but some other Technology. I would like to know if any such option where I can change current field and jump into TOAD?

If any relevent certification required?

Regards,
    Harsha

4. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

HI Harsha, my friend, like I told you TOAD is not a technology or domain. It's ORACLE that you are looking at. TOAD is just one of several dozens of tools.

And a job in Oracle requires you to have knowledge of PL/SQL, or any of the several oracle applications, and expereince in them.

5. rajavu

rajavu Forum Guru

Toad is a software application for development and administration of various relational databases using SQL. Toad supports the following databases: Oracle Database, Microsoft SQL Server, IBM DB2, and MySQL.

6. Amy

Amy Active Member

TOAD means Tools for Oracle Application Developer.
    It is a software application used for Development and administration of various relational databses using SQL.

--Amy

Sadik likes this.
  7. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Amy,

Toad is no longer an Acronym. It was at the outset. It is now a patent and you have different versions of Toad.
    thx
    ramji

8. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

It is still an acronym for Tool for Oracle Application Developers even though the scope of the tool has expanded far beyond its origins. It has no patent but it is a registered trademark of Quest Software.

9. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

David,

Patent was a typo. I meant trademark thanks for correcting me. Here is the link to the history of toad.
    'hxxp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toad_(software'
    cheers
    ramji