1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

TOAD Access violation at address 6761CB21 in module 'ORA805.dll'. Read of address

Discussion in 'Other Development Tools' started by jayaram, Jan 14, 2012.

1. jayaram

jayaram Active Member

Hi all,

I am using the Toad10.
    After i enter the user, Pwd........ it displays the Toad error that
    ""Access violation at address 6761CB21 in module 'ORA805.dll'. Read of address 00000010 ""

while i try to use the F4 functionality, it again displays the above msg..............

After i execute the query, all the characters data displays in chinees..................

Plz.. help me to resolve this issue...............

Thanks in Advance for ur suggestions.........
  2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hmmm, seems like the Oracle Database that TOAD is trying to connect is installed with an incorrect character set. Do you have any other Database server you can connect to? If yes, try connecting to a different Oracle Database server and see if you have the same problem. If yes, then you may need to re-install the Oracle Database server where you are trying to connect.

If however you have the same problem connecting with TOAD to even a different database then it's your client environment. Try using SQL Plus to connect to the database and see if it is able to do so.

Most likely, re-installting Oracle client on your machine "may" solve the issue.